"Hinged at Home" Women's Ministry Conference
Please go here to download brochure.
Wow, what a year! With the Corona Virus scare and its restrictions, came social distancing and those irritating masks, and a disruption to the way we normally worship. You probably feel like I do, I miss my women friends and I miss worshipping Christ with my fellow women believers in a normal setting.
The Women’s Ministry wanted to do something to bring together the women in our church, and PCA/CDM Ministries has given us the tool we need to put on a conference just for women. This conference called “Hinge” will bring us together and vitally connect us to Christ, his Word and his Church. A hinge is a utilitarian piece of hardware. Its job is to connect two pieces together so that they are made useful. Consider the impact of hinging with our spiritual family around the truth, as we walk together until we get to our heavenly Home. Sheltering in place and unrest have left many longing for meaningful conversations and lasting connections. That is why now, as never before, we need to be hinged and vitally connected to Christ and each other, and his Church.
We are planning for you a one-day conference on Saturday, November 14, 2020 in our church sanctuary, and we really hope you will register early, as space is limited. Now I know there are those of you who are thinking that you still do not feel comfortable coming together as a group or, for one reason or another, you are not able to leave your home to participate in person. No worries, we have a means of bringing the conference to you, right there in your home, and you won’t miss a thing. But you also must register to participate at home. We are calling that “Hinged at Home”.
Registration will be open from October 5th thru October 23rd. The cost of the conference is $15, which includes lunch for the in-person attendees. At home participants must also register and pay the registration fee.
Brenda Roberts, Women's Ministry President
Outreach and Service
- Ladies' Bible Studies
- Upcoming Events
- Book Binders
- Mugs & Muffins
- Conferences & Training
- Upcoming Events
- Christmas Advent Tea
- Presbytery Meeting
Ladies' Bible Study
There is an Early Morning Bible Study each weekly at 7:30 a.m. and a Mid Morning Bible Study the first and third Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Please click here for more information
These upcoming events are opportunities for our ladies to get involved in some worthwhile community and LOPC projects. Please call the church office at 706-484-0600 to volunteer, or download this form and turn in to the welcome center in the church narthex.
- Mugs & Muffins - Monday, March 30th at 9:30 a.m. We plan to hold two Mugs & Muffins events in 2020, one in March and one later in the Fall. If you haven’t attended lately, you don’t know what you’re missing. So come and fellowship with the ladies in the church; you’re guaranteed to be blessed. Nina Younger, First Call Pregnancy Center, will be our guest speaker, and it will be Kick-off Day for our Baby Bottle Campaign. No rsvp needed and you’re welcome to invite a guest. Bring your favorite coffee mug and we provide the muffins.
- Meal Support - You never know when sickness will strike your family, but when it does, you might find yourself needing help with a few meals until you get back on your feet. Call the church office, they will contact the Women’s Ministry team, and you can be assured help is on the way. If you would be willing to offer to do a meal for a family in need and are not already on our Meal Support Volunteer List, please call the church office or download the form above to volunteer.
- Habitat for Humanity - The Women’s Ministry Council will provide lunch for the Habitat workers one day in March or April. It’s our way of showing God’s love for them and telling them how much we appreciate what they do in helping a deserving family build a home.
- Pete Nance Boys & Girls Club - Each year we volunteer a few people (4-5) from our church to serve dinner to about 100 children. We will do this on April 16th at 3:30 pm. We do not provide the meal, just serve. But we are being asked to bring cookies for the kids. We will need to bring 17 dozen cookies. If you would like to volunteer to serve and/or donate 2 dozen cookies, please call the church office or download the form above.
- Day trip for Ladies - We are planning a ladies’ day trip to tour the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA. Visitors revel in the spiritual landscape where Trappist monks live, work, pray and worship in a community cloistered from the outside world. We will get insight into the Abbey Church’s magnificent architecture including hand-crafted, stained glass windows, and we will be guided by a monk into spaces normally closed to the public. They also have a beautiful bonsai tree garden. The two-hour tour costs $12 each. If you are interested in going with our ladies' group (probably on a Saturday in June), please call the church office or download the form above.
This group meets once a month to sew, quilt or crochet items that are given to individuals for comfort. They also assist with our Mission to North America Disaster Relief projects. Please click here for more information.
The "Book Binders" Book Group
All women in the church are invited to join our book group which meets periodically on a Friday at 10:30 at the church. You do not have to have read the featured book to join us; come enjoy the company and decide if you want to read the book after hearing about it. Feel free to invite friends who might be interested. Please go here for more information.
"Mugs & Muffins
Our "Fifth Monday Mugs & Muffins" gatherings are great for getting to know each other. Please go here for more information.
The Women in the church assisted a local Women's Shelter with the renovation of one of their bedrooms and bath.
Conferences & Training
The PCA Women’s Ministry Training takes place each spring. Although the training is mainly for Women's Ministry leaders, anyone is welcome to attend. Please go here for more information, including conference handouts and other resources.
There is also a PCA Women's Ministry conference each fall. In 2018 the conference was in October 5th & 6th at New City Fellowship in Chattanooga, TN. Please go here for more information.
The Women's Ministry of the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) have an annual meeting each year for the Central Georgia Presbytery.